Closed circuit television (CCTV) plays a crucial role in preventing and detecting crime in public places across the district.
The objectives of the system are:
- To help in the prevention of crime
- To help reduce the fear of crime and;
- To facilitate the apprehension and prosecution of offenders in relation to crime and public order.
We currently operate 18 cameras positioned in various locations around each of the 3 towns. We have a Service Level Agreement in place with Bromsgrove District Council regarding the monitoring of the cameras. The cameras are controlled and monitored from Bromsgrove and Redditch Council’s CCTV monitoring station based in Redditch. All our cameras are clearly visible and there are signs in the locality advising of their existence.
Only the Police and insurance companies with a crime reference number will be permitted to view footage, they should contact the Monitoring Centre on Monitoring.email@example.com
Locations of the cameras are as below:
- Dog Lane Car Park
- Load Street - located on No 49, Bewdley Quality Butchers
- Severnside North, adjacent to the bridge
- Gardners Meadow Car Park
- Junction of New Road and Castle Road. Located on Paddington House
- New Road - outside Market House
- Junction of Worcester Street and Marlborough Street - opposite former Phipps and Pritchard Estate Agents
- Junction of Vicar Street and Exchange Street. Outside Swan pub opposite Kidderminster Town Hal
- Junction of Worcester Street and High Street. Located on St Richard’s Hospice
- Junction of Coventry Street and Blackwell Street. Combined with street lighting pole
- Bromsgrove Street - opposite main entrance to car park
- Comberton Hill - column near to Beauty Boutique
- Corner of Lombard Street and Tan Lane - located on Spa Kleen Laundry
- Traffic island at top of High Street/Lombard Street. Column opposite Phipps and Pritchard Estate Agents
- Corner of New Street and High Street. Located outside The Denture Centre
- York Street. Column opposite Blossom’s Tea Rooms
- Bridge Street. Located on corner of the Bridge Inn.
- Severn Meadows 2 Car Park. Rear of the Civic Centre