Business support due to COVID-19
Local Restrictions Support Grant
On 31 October 2020 the Government announced further grant support for businesses that are forced to close by the Government due to national lockdown restrictions being applied from 5 November 2020.
Business that are eligible are those that have been mandated to close by the Government and include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses.
To qualify for a grant, a business must be the ratepayer occupying a business premises on the rating list on the date of the commencement of the national restrictions. Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made will not qualify for a grant.
During the 28-lockdown period a single grant will be paid, which will be fixed.
The rate of payment for eligible businesses will be
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334.
- For properties with a rateable value of between £15k-£51k grants to be £2,000.
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3,000.
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill.
Our revenues team will be contacting all businesses we believe to be eligible. If you think you are eligible for a grant, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business rates account number
- Ratepayer name
- Business name and address
- Copy of a recent bank statement dated within the last 3 months
- Confirmation that your business was trading up until 5 November 2020
- How many employees do you have?
- Conformation of your HMRC self-assessment number or company number
Additional Restrictions Grant
The Additional Restrictions Grant scheme will be a discretionary scheme designed to aid businesses who are not eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant.
The scheme aim is to help businesses which whilst not legally required to close are severely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, for example, businesses which supply stock to retail hospitality and leisure sectors.
The Additional Restrictions Grant scheme is currently being developed and further details will be announced shortly.
Subscribe to NWedR's newsletter to receive business news updates. You will receive information about events across North Worcestershire.