Hoo Farm Industrial Estate fire - latest advice and updates
Last updated Wednesday 8 December 10am
UK Heath Security Agency
People in areas affected by smoke, dust or debris from the fire at Hoo Farm Industrial Estate fire in Kidderminster should follow the Agency's public health advice.
- People in areas affected by smoke and dust from the fire should stay indoors and keep doors and windows closed.
- Motorists who have to travel throught he smoke should keep windows closed, turn off air-conditioning and keep air vents closed.
- Any smoke can be an irritant, if people need to be outdoors, please avoid or limit time spent in the area affected by smoke, ash and debris
- Substances in smoke can worsen health problems like asthma and heart conditions - so peope should be sure to carry their medication if in an area affected by the smoke or dust.
- Smoke can irritate airways, the skin and eyes and cause coughing, wheezing, breathlessness, and chest pain. If you have been affected by smoke or dust from the fire and have concerns, please get medical advice by contacting NHS 111 online or by calling 111.
All roads have now reopened, including Hoo Farm Industrial Estate.
Kidderminster College reopen
Kidderminster College reopened on Wednesday 8 December.
For the lastest information on school closures please go to Worcestershire County Council's website. Any school closures will show as an alert on the homepage.
Stay informed - follow local information sources on social media.
- Wyre Forest District Council
- West Mercia Police
- BBC Hereford & Worcs
- Worcestershire County Council
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire Fire and Rescue Service
- UK HSA West Midlands
- EnvAgency (Environment Agency)
- EnvAgencyMids (Environment Agency Midlands)