Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice and information

Play your part, protect our district

Wyre Forest District Council is working closely with Public Health England to stop the spread of coronavirus, but we need you to play your part, protect our district.

Coronavirus symptoms:

  • a high temperature
  • a new, continuous cough
  • a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste

Anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) can get a free test.

What to do if you develop symptoms

If you develop symptoms:

  1. You and anyone in your household must immediately self-isolate until you receive the results of your test.
  2. You need to order a test immediately. Get a test online or call 119

Rapid Testing pharmacies

You can get a free rapid COVID-19 test from some pharmacies across the district.

This testing is for adults and children who are 12 years and over, who live or work in Worcestershire and who do not have any symptoms of COVID-19.  Tests can be booked online using the booking website

The Government has announced a new financial package to support and enforce self-isolation.

In some circumstances, if you are required by law to self-isolate from Monday 28 September you may be supported by a payment of £500, payable from Wyre Forest District Council.

Read more information on the Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme and our self-isolation privacy notice.

From 24 September 2020, venues from hospitality, leisure and tourism, close contact services, and local authority venues across England are legally required to display an official NHS QR code poster at their venue. Further guidance is available to sectors in scope of this legal requirement can be found by visiting GOV UK This will make it easier for customers with the app to check-in and allow NHS Test and Trace to alert users and provide them with public health advice in the event of a coronavirus outbreak linked to a venue.

By more of us downloading the app – we have the power to help contain the virus and help protect our friends, families and community in across the district.


The hospitality sector will be required to ask for contact details of customers, visitors and staff on behalf of NHS Test and Trace. If you do not provide these details you may be refused entry.

Reporting business non-compliance

If you are concerned a business is in breach of the coronavirus measures you can report this to Worcestershire Regulatory Services by calling 01905 822799 or by email.

Reporting face covering non-compliance

Premises where face coverings are required should take reasonable steps to promote compliance with the law. If individuals refuse to comply it may result as a police matter and a fine. Those working within the retail sector are now required to wear facemasks.

It is mandatory to wear a face covering in public indoor settings, including taxis, public transport, shops and supermarkets - unless you are exempt for health, age or equality reasons.

In August 2020, the list of places where it is mandatory to wear a face covering was extended considerably, to include cinemas, concert halls, community centres, and places of worship. For the full list visit the government website.

Anyone using a taxi, including the driver and passengers, are required to wear facemasks within vehicles.

Customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Staff in hospitality and retail will now also be required to wear face coverings.
Your face covering must cover your nose and mouth at all times.

Face coverings are not a replacement for social distancing, which remains an important action.

Children under the age of 11 do not have to wear face coverings. Children under the age of 3 must not wear face coverings as there is a risk of suffocation.

More information and guidance on face coverings is available to read on the GOV.UK website.

NSPCC helpline

Domestic abuse and sexual violence information

Mental Health Foundation looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Diabetes UK has provided an updated information page for people living with diabetes.

The British Heart Foundation has published guidance for people with health problems.

The National Eczema Society has offered advice on hand washing techniques for people with eczema and other skin conditions.

SignHealth has created British Sign Language (BSL) videos to help deaf BSL users either working in charities or receiving support.

Carers UK has produced recommendations for carers.

The Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Primary Immunodeficiency UK have issued advice and support.

Cancer Research UK - Coronavirus and cancer

In addition to the new national lockdown, the government has reintroduced  guidance on shielding for those who have been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable. If you are in this group, you will previously have received a letter from the NHS or from your GP telling you this.

The clinically extremely vulnerable can also register for support  . If you need any assistance with this please call Wyre Forest District Council on 01562 732928. You can use this service to get access to priority supermarket deliveries or to ask for someone to contact you about any local support that’s available.

You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else. If you’ve already got priority supermarket deliveries, you’ll keep them.

The Wyre Forest Welfare Support Scheme can help vulnerable people with support where they are can't meet their immediate short term needs or where they need help to keep their independence or re-integrate within the community

Worcestershire Here 2 Help provides a central location for those who are unable to seek help from family, friends and neighbours. You can request help and find useful resources.

If you live on a caravan park you can stay on the site if you have consent from the park’s owner.

More information.

We will only contact you regarding this feedback.
Back to top