Affected by flooding?

Help with removing flood damaged items

We are offering free bulky waste collections to anyone in the district who has suffered flooding to their property and has damaged goods. Any flood damaged property will need to be placed at a collection point our team can access. Please check with your insurance company before booking a collection.

Contact or ring 01562 732528.

Financial support after flooding

If your dwelling or business premises have been flooded internally, or if it has not been possible to live in your dwelling (for example because you have been required to leave), we will give 100% council tax and business rates relief for 3 months for houses or business premises.

If you think you are affected email or 01562 732928

On 18 February 2020, Central Government announced that they will provide financial support to those affected by flooding in Wyre Forest from Storm Dennis.

Applications for our hardship schemes are now open and we encourage everyone who is entitled to make an application.​

We appreciate that this has been a very difficult time for you and we will endeavour to process your application as soon as possible.

Community Flood Recovery Grant

  • The grant is for £500 and paid direct to the household.
  • Households are eligible where flood water has entered the habitable areas of the property.
  • The grant does not apply to empty homes, second homes or student accommodation.

Additional Flood Relief Scheme

We're offering a second phase of flood relief funding, intended to support households who have been affected the most. 

This support does not have a standard award of funds as the needs of each applicant will be assessed individually and awards made on that assessment.  This is not a compensation scheme. It is of a discretionary nature and is subject to the availability of funding.

Business Flood Recovery Grant 

  • The grant is up to £2,500 per small / medium sized business affected, as a grant paid direct to the business.
  • Businesses are eligible where the business is directly impacted or has directly suffered a loss of trade as a result of the flooding that cannot be recovered from insurance.

Sport England's Community Asset Fund

Sport England has emergency funding available so sports organisations can pay for rebuilds and repairs.

The grants could typically be used to restore grass pitches, to repair and decontaminate flood or wind-damaged clubhouses, replace damaged electrical systems or dredge blocked drains.

Find out more.

Advice for food businesses

If you are a food business and are flooded there is specific help and advice available from Worcestershire Regulatory Services.

Cleansing of public spaces

Cleansing of public spaces (streets, footpaths etc) will be done as soon as reasonably practicable after flooding has receded and as soon as ground conditions allow.

Contact or call 01562 732528.

Disposal of flood damaged household waste

Worcestershire County Council is running a scheme to help you dispose of flood damaged household waste.

If your insurance company has not made any arrangements for the disposal of flood damaged items from your domestic property, you can dispose of this at your local Household Recycling Centre (tip).

You can use a commercial vehicle (up to 3.5 tonnes in weight), van or trailer to take your flood damaged items to a household recycling centre.

You can collect a flood permit from The Hub at Green Street.

Reusing and disposing of sandbags

Dry out sandbags and store them in a shed, garage or under cover so you can use them again. If you cannot store them, open them up and spread the sand on your garden if you have one. You can then treat the sacks as normal waste. If the sand or bags are contaminated, please dispose of them at your local Household Recycling Centre (tip).


If you have been made homeless by the floods and can’t make your own arrangements, please contact or 01562 732928 (9am - 5pm Monday - Friday) or visit the Hub, Green Street, DY10 1HA (Opening hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 5pm; Wednesday 10am to 5pm.)

Outside working hours, please contact 01562 850053.

Food Parcels

If you need emergency food supplies, please contact The Hub on 01562 732982.