Bulky Waste Collections
All income generated is invested into front-line council services to benefit all who live, work and visit Wyre Forest.
Social housing tenants please contact your Housing Association as this service may be provided by them.
Why should you use our bulky waste service?
- We collect from your doorstep, saving yourself time and hassle of taking items to the household waste centre.
- A trustworthy service, you can feel confident that items are disposed of appropriately, no risk of fly tipping coming back to haunt you.
- Save money on skip or trailer hire for the disposal of those one off bigger items.
- Helps keep your car clean and tidy.
- Invest your money into a local council service, where your money will be reinvested into the local area, creating a better environment throughout the district.
- We aim to collect your bulky item within five working days.
- Items for collection must be accessible and left outside your property
- Our team will only take items that have been listed on the request
- We are unable to offer a refund for items that were not made available for collection
- Household furniture e.g. tables, chairs, desks, sofas (a three-piece suite is counted as 3 items)
- White goods e.g. refrigerators, freezers and washing machines (please secure the doors)
- Electrical items e.g. cookers, TVs, computers, vacuum cleaners, stereos
- Bed bases and mattresses
- Assorted household refuse that has been boxed or bagged (one man must be able to lift one box or bag at a time and one bag/box = one item)
- Kitchen furniture, including fitted units - each unit counts as an item for collection (Belfast sinks will be charged as a single large item.)
- Carpets and linoleum: make sure it is folded/rolled and tied
- Bathroom suites e.g. bath, washbasin and pedestal (cast iron baths will be charged as a single large item)
- Garden items e.g. small items of furniture, wheelbarrows, lawnmowers, paddling pools, rabbit hutches and slides/swings
- Internal and external doors without glass panels.
- Garden sheds (please break down and specify building material)
- Fence panels (please specify size and material)
- Wood and scrap (please bag or tie together)
- Window frames (specify size and material) (no glass)
- Heavy garden refuse, including soil, bricks and stones etc.
- Containers of fluid: hazardous household chemicals
- Car batteries (these can be taken to your local Household Recycling Centre)
- Car tyres
- Pianos and organs
- Dead animals/pets: please contact a local vet for advice on disposal
- Central heating oil tanks
- Central heating boilers
- Concrete coal bunker
- Fluorescent tubes
- Patio or sliding doors
- Garage doors
- Liquid propane gas bottles
- Oil/water tanks
- Tile fire surrounds
- Window glass
- Fire extinguishers