The Sportivate programme is aimed towards encouraging 16-25 year olds to take part in a sport of their choice for 6 weeks.
The programme targets people who are not currently choosing to participate in sport in their own time, or are doing so for a very limited amount of time. An important aspect of the initiative is to provide a sustainable exit route to a local sports club or a leisure membership.
Sportivate Year 4 (April 2014 - April 2015)
Sessions TBC but coming soon are Boxercise/Circuit Fitness sessions – Tae Kwon Do – Golf Academy at Wharton Park
To find out more information about the initiative visit Sport England's website or contact Sports Development Officer Dale Evans on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01562 732974
Sportivate Year 3 (April 2013-April 2014)
As part of the Sportivate programme, Wyre Forest Sport Development have been organised numerous community-based sports sessions throughout the year. Sportivate Year 3 has been running from April 2013, and will end April 2014.
Some of the activities that have been organised include:
- Golf – Expert lessons in golf at the brand new driving range facility at Wharton Park Golf Club. Including women-only golf lessons, lessons for young people with learning and physical disabilities, and lessons for local school pupils to increase the club membership of the golf club.
- Swesh Boxercise and Circuits – Delivered by a qualified fitness instructor for 16-25 year olds on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at Wilden Primary School. Aiming to get people active and to burn those calories.
- Rowing – Indoor Rowing opportunities with dates and venues TBC. Sessions delivered by British Rowing.
- Dance To Teach – Dance sessions where young people aged 16-25 can attend and improve their dance skills. Also after the 6 week course the participants will be more confident not only in their own ability but also in choreographing a groups performance by the end.
- Tae-Kwon-Do – sessions delivered by an expert coach to promote this fast paced Olympic sport. Sessions to take place in Higher Education settings and are for 11-18 year olds.
- Get into Athletics – Athletics sessions coming soon for all ages at Kidderminster & Stourport Athletics Club. Learning the basics of the sport with an optional opportunity to compete at the club's Spring Open event in April.