WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates


Who is eligible to vote?

  • You have to be eighteen years or over 
  • All British, Commonwealth, Irish and other European Union citizens 
  • Overseas electors 
  • Members of HM Forces and their spouses 
  • Crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom 
  • European citizens are allowed to vote in European and Local Elections only 
  • Overseas Electors are allowed to vote in Parliamentary and European Elections only.

How do I register to vote if I live overseas?

If you are a British citizen living outside the UK you can Register online.

How do I register to vote if I am in the Services?

You can still Register online if you are a member of the armed forces or a spouse/civil partner of someone in the armed forces.

What if I am unable to get to the Polling Station on Election Day?

If you are unable to go to your Polling Station on Election Day, you can apply to vote by post or apply to vote by proxy (a proxy is someone who votes on your behalf).

How Do I Vote?

Poll cards are delivered shortly before an Election. Each member of the household who is eligible to vote should receive a poll card which informs them of the date of the election, where their polling station is and the hours of poll. You do not need to take the poll card with you to be able to vote.

For Local Elections the hours of poll are 7.00 am to 10.00 pm

For Parliamentary and European Elections the hours of poll are 7.00 am to 10.00 pm

For General Elections the hours of poll are 7.00 am to 10.00 pm

Where Do I Vote?

Your polling card will tell you which polling station you can vote at. 

Please note following the polling station review your polling station may have changed - please check your card when you receive it.

If you have any queries over where you need to go to vote please contact customer services on 01562 732928.

Wyre Forest District Council