WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Upcoming Elections and Vacancies

Vacancy and Election Notices

Notices will be published in the lead up to May's elections.

When do elections take place?

District Council Elections

The last elections to Wyre Forest District Council took place on Thursday 3 May 2018.

The results from all previous elections are available in on our website on the elections results archive.

The next elections are due to take place in May 2019.

Town and Parish Council Elections

There are three Town Councils and nine Parish Council within the Wyre Forest District Council area.  Find out more about the Town and Parish Councils.

County Council Elections

For representation on Worcestershire County Council, the Wyre Forest area is split into 9 electoral divisions with 1 County Councillor in each division, except Stourport on Severn Division where there are 2.  

These electoral divisions are as follows;

Find your County Councillor.

Elections for County Councillors take place every four years, usually on the first Thursday in May. The last County Council elections took place on 4 May 2017.


If a Local Councillor resigns or dies, the ‘seat’ becomes vacant and a by-election may be called to find a replacement. A by-election can happen at any time provided the vacancy occurs at least six month prior to the date for normal elections. Details of any current elections will be posted on the Wyre Forest District Council web site.

Parliamentary Elections

Parliamentary elections, in which you vote for a Member of Parliament, must take place within five years of the previous parliamentary election, but can be called at any time. The last general election took place on Thursday 8 June 2017.  If an MP dies or resigns a by-election would be called.

See results 

European Parliamentary Elections

These are held every five years. These elections decide who will represent you in the European Parliament. The last election took place on the 22nd May 2014.

How to take part

In order to vote you need to be registered.  You can apply to register online at

You may be interested in..

Wyre Forest District Council