WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Complaint Against A Councillor Notes

Before you complete the Complaint Against a Councillor form please read this information:

  • Your personal information will only be used for the purposes of investigating and adminstrating your complaint and will be retained in accordance with statutory requirements.
  • The following individuals will be informed that you have made this complaint - the members of the Referrals Sub-Committee, the relevant Parish or Town Clerk (if applicable).
  • It is important that you provide all the information you wish to be taken into account by the Referrals Sub-Committee when it decides whether to take any action on your complaint.
  • Full details will be provided where necessary or appropriate to enable effective investigation and consideration of your complaint. If you have serious concerns about your name and a summary, or your details of your complaint being released, please complete section 4 of this form.
  • Please note that requests for confidentiality or requests for suppression of complaint details will not automatically be granted. The Referrals Sub-Committee will consider the request alongside the substance of your complaint. We will then contact you with the decision. If your request for confidentiality is not granted, we will usually allow you the option of withdrawing your complaint.
  • It is important however to understand that in certain exceptional circumstances where the matter complained about is very serious, we can proceed with an investigation or other action and disclose your name even if you have expressly asked us not to.
  • Sanctions available to the Adjudication Panel for England.

Report a Complaint Against a Councillor

Wyre Forest District Council