Public notices of temporary road closures
Closures due to roadworks
View closures, roadworks and traffic orders for Worcestershire.
Applying for a temporary road closure
Applications for temporary road closures are submitted online. Just follow each step on the form opposite, completing all fields and giving as much detailed information as possible.
For Charitable / Community* events
- If the application and payment are received more than 6 weeks in advance of the event - £96.00.
- If the application and payment are received less than 6 weeks in advance of the event - £127.00.
- Remembrance Day Parades and National Royal Celebrations - FREE.
* Community events are non profit events organised by a member of the public.
All other events / reasons for road closure including commercial events
- Applications and payment received more than 6 weeks in advance of the event - £127.00.
- Applications and payment received less than 6 weeks in advance of the event - £160.00.
As part of the application form, you must provide evidence (scans or high quality photos) of:
- A map or plan of the roads affected (please colour these roads for easy identification), and also indicate a suitable diversion route in colour too.
- A copy of your public liability insurance must also be provided.
Third Party Consents
Our policy is to make temporary road closures only where the Police and Worcestershire County Council agree to the terms of the proposed order, and the Police consider that an Order is necessary to facilitate policing of the event. You will also need to comply with any conditions the Police attach to the Order up to and during your event. To minimise the risk of objections to your proposals you should consult the Police and Worcestershire County Council and agree the details (including the time and date of the event) of the proposed road closures before making your application. To do so, please contact:
West Mercia Constabulary: Ian Connolly, Traffic Management Advisor (Acting) & Highway Events Co-ordinator, Warwickshire Police & West Mercia Police, Safer Roads Team. Telephone 01562 826032
Worcestershire County Council: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As the event organiser, it is also your responsibility to:
- Publicise the event. Local businesses and residents likely to be affected should be notified in advance.
- Ensure that you have adequate public liability insurance cover for the event (and supplied evidence as above).
- Arrange for suitable signs and barriers indicating that the affected roads are closed, and the alternative route. Please note that signs are not available from the Police or County Council and so you may need to arrange these with a private contractor at your own expense.
- For the removal of any street furniture including bollards, barriers, signs etc. including riverside bollards, contact us as this will incur a charge.
- Event notices will be sent via email. Print out, laminate, and display these 7 days in advance of the event so they are clear to the public. This is usually at either end of the road closure, and can be attached to lamp posts. They must be removed immediately after the event.
- Monitor the Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders to keep up to date with any planned works.
If you intend to hold a street collection for charity during your event, you will need to -
Apply for a Street Collection Permit