WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Personal Search Appointments (Land Charges)

Anyone can make a request to carry out a Personal Search.  However, they should be prepared and competent to carry out a search and inspection of local authority records without assistance from local authority staff.   We offer no compensation for Personal Searches.

Requests for an appointment should be emailed to  We require at least 5 working days notice from receipt of your email to your choice of date for the appointment to ensure we have adequate time to check the plans, addresses and prepare the relevant documents for inspection.  We allow up to 6 addresses per appointment.  We do not add on addresses to appointments already booked.

When emailing please include the following:-

    • Address inc. postcode and a reasonable location plan, outlining in red the area to be searched.
    • Please specify the day you wish to carry out the Personal Search.

We will reply by email confirming your appointment.  Do not assume that you have an appointment until you receive a confirmation email from us.  

We provide the following information for inspection only, free of charge, at our offices in Wyre Forest House, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, DY11 7WF

  • An extract of the Local Land Charges Register.
    Please note we do not reveal planning approvals prior to 1974.
    Please note that from 2006 all planning applications and decisions can be viewed on the Council’s website 

  • An extract of the responses contained within Con 29 1.1 a-k (Planning & Building Regulations)
    Please note we only reveal Building Regulations from 1 April 2002 and we do not hold information relating to 1.1L, these enquiries should be referred back to the seller.
    Please note that we do not reveal Planning Refusals and Withdrawn applications prior to 1974.

The paperwork is made available for inspection only
and should not be taken away from the office.


You may be interested in..

Full details of Planning Applications and Decisions including the Decision Notice from 2006, can be viewed on our website 

The Local Plan & Planning Policy information is available on our website

PLEASE NOTE:  Wyre Forest District Council is reviewing the Local Plan which can be viewed on

Drainage matters would be dealt with by Severn Trent and you can view their website 

Matters relating to Public Rights of Way can be viewed on Worcestershire County Councils website

Road adoptions can be viewed on the Worcestershire County Councils website where they have published the latest list of streets (classified and unclassified roads)

General Information/Contacts:-

For all Land Charges matters please email

For all Planning matters please email

Data Protection and Privacy

Wyre Forest District Council