WFDC logo

Residents who voted in the May elections do NOT need to register again for the EU Referendum.  That is the message being sent by Wyre Forest District Council.

Anyone who currently appears on the Register of Electors does not have to re-register to have a say in the referendum on Thursday 23 June.

Poll cards have now been delivered to all people who are registered to vote in the referendum. Some electors, such as citizens of other EU states, are not able to vote in the referendum as they can vote only in local government elections.  Anyone who has not received a poll card but believes that they are registered to vote in the referendum should email the elections team at or call 01562 732733.

The Council is also urging people to check their poll card carefully to find out where their polling station is located.  There have been two changes to polling stations from the May elections because the normal locations are not available.  People from Blakebrook & Habberley South ward who would normally cast their vote at the Gainsborough Hotel will be using Kidderminster Evangelical Church in Greatfield Road.  Voters from Mitton ward who normally use Stourport Sixth Form College in Coniston Crescent, will now be using the LQ Arena, Windermere Way (by the side of Lifestyle Fitness).

The vast majority of postal voters do not have to reapply for a postal vote.  Unless someone registered for a postal vote for the elections on 5 May only, they will not need to apply again for the Referendum next month.

Ian Miller, Electoral Registration Officer for Wyre Forest, said:

“All eligible voters for the referendum should have received their poll card by now.  Over 98% of people on the electoral register in Wyre Forest will be able to vote in the referendum on 23 June. We have just  1313 electors who can vote only in local government elections.

“Anyone who wishes to take part in the referendum on Thursday 23 June and has not already registered  will need to register soon: the deadline is Tuesday 7 June.”

Applications to register can be made online by visiting

You may be interested in..

Wyre Forest District Council