Please read these notes before you fill out the Immigration Inspection Online Form.
Apply for an Immigration Inspection
- Please complete all mandatory information in the form.
- Please ensure you have allocated enough time to fill out the form which could take approximately 15 minutes.
- Please ensure that all requested details are completed. Submission of an incomplete form WILL result in the form being returned.
- Please ensure requested certificates are attached before submitting your application. In all applications this is a NICEIC electrical safety certificate and dependent on whether you have a gas supply a Gas safety certificate issued by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Until ALL of the information requested by this department is submitted IN FULL, NO APPOINTMENTS for an inspection will be made.
- Once the following details have been submitted no further amendments can be made, please ensure correct spelling.
- The letter of confirmation will be sent direct to the property address so that it may be included with the application to the Embassy.
- Should the property have insufficient facilities for the proposed visitor(s) this department will issue details of why your request for confirmation has been declined.
- The Council is required to inspect the premises under the House, Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) as detailed in the Housing Act 2004. The HHSRS involves the assessment of 29 potential hazards and the scoring of their severity to help decide whether improvements are required. If a more serious category 1 hazard is found the Council has a duty to require the owner of the property to remedy the defect. If a less serious category 2 hazard is found, the Council has discretionary powers to require action where considered reasonable.
- If any works are required you will be given a period of time considered reasonable by the Council in which to complete the works. The Council is open to negotiation on timescales and works required where a reasonable case can be made.
- Should any necessary works be identified by the Council a letter for immigration purposes regarding the property WILL NOT be issued until such works have been completed.