WFDC logo

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit provide financial help for those on low incomes who rent their homes and/or who are also liable to pay Council tax.

Housing Benefit remains a national benefit that is administered by us, the local council. The amount paid depends on your household circumstances and income and you do not have to be in receipt of state benefit to qualify.

You can apply for Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you’re on a low income and you are in rented accommodation, including housing association or private rented. Payments do not meet all housing costs and you would be expected to pay for things like utilities (such as gas, electricity, water etc), meals and so on.

How much you get depends on your income and circumstances and you can apply for Housing Benefit whether you’re unemployed or working.

Wyre Forest District Council