WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Second Adult Rebate

If you are excluded from receiving a 25% single person discount on your Council Tax bill due to non-dependants living in your household, you can apply for Second Adult Rebate.

If you are a pensioner, you may be entitled to claim Second Adult Rebate if you have non-dependants living with you who are on low income. Second Adult Rebate is no longer available to working age people except in the case where the dwelling is occupied by a full time student and there is one or more second adults who are in receipt of income support, state pension credit, an income-related employment support allowance or income based jobseekers allowance. 

To qualify for a Second Adult Rebate the second adult(s) i.e. non-dependants must be:
  1. aged 18 or over
  2. not liable to pay rent to you and
  3. not jointly liable to pay Council Tax
To claim Second Adult Rebate you must:
  • Apply for a Second Adult Rebate
  • Obtain an application form from us. Customer Services.
  • Provide proof of your non-dependant's income
  • Provide your national insurance number, proof of it and two forms of identification for yourself.
  • Return the completed form to us.
In some circumstances a person may be entitled to both Council Tax Reduction Scheme and Second Adult Rebate. In these cases, we will award the higher of the two discounts.

Wyre Forest District Council