WFDC logo
Sign up here to receive updates

Council Tax

Most of the money for providing services to you comes from central Government and other grants. In Wyre Forest, just under £6 million is collected through Council Tax.

Wyre Forest District Council collects Council Tax on behalf of Worcestershire County Council, The Police and Crime Commissioner for West Mercia, Hereford and Worcester Fire Authority and Parish/Town Councils.  In fact just 12p in each pound you pay in Council Tax is kept by Wyre Forest District Council. 

Find out more about where your money goes and the key services we spend it on.

View detailed financial information relating to 2018/19 Council Tax.

It is really important to contact us as soon as possible if you are having trouble paying your bill.

Financial help is available to residents within the Wyre Forest area to help towards paying your Council Tax bill. 

If you don't pay your Council Tax bill and your account is passed to Enforcement Agents an immediate fee of £75.00 will be added to the outstanding balance of your account.  View our Debt Recovery Policy

WFDC Council Tax Leaflet 2018 Front Cover

Difficulty Paying your Bill?

If you are experiencing problems paying your bill there are options available to help you. 


Discounts, Rebates, Reductions and Exemptions

We may be able to give a reduce your bill if you fit certain criteria. Find out about discounts (for single people or for those who are severely mentally impaired), reductions for disabled people and Second Adult Rebate.



Received a New Bill?

We send out annual Council Tax bills in March. If you receive a new bill during the year there will be a ‘Reason for Bill’ comment


New Properties, Bands and Valuations

Information regarding New Properties, Council Tax Bands and Valuations, and how to appeal if you feel your property is in the wrong band.


My Tax and Benefits

When you register online for My Tax & Benefits, you can set up Direct Debits online and check when instalments are due, check the balance outstanding and see what discounts are being applied to your account


Universal Credit

If you claim Universal Credit, help with your Council Tax is not included. Therefore you will still need to apply for help with paying your Council Tax Bill 


Wyre Forest District Council