Next time you find yourself reaching for the car keys out of habit, why not stop and think if there is an alternative way to make your journey? A few tips to help you on the way...
- Find out if public transport could be an alternative for your journeys by visiting Traveline
- The Worcestershire Car share Database offers a free service to help you find potential car sharing matches for your commuting journey.
- See our pages on Cycling for details of local routes, including a free Wyre Forest Walking and Cycling map. and information about free cycle training for adults.
- Visit Spokes (off Stourport Road, Kidderminster) and bag a bargain refurbished bike- they have hundreds to choose from!
- See our pages on Walking for details of local routes and walking groups.
- See our pages on Community Transport Services for advice on concessionary travel (bus passes) and the blue badge scheme.
- Visit Chargemap or Go Ultra Low for details of the electric vehicle charge points in your area, or download the Electric charge points in Worcestershire map. There is an electric charge point on Weaver's Wharf car park, Kidderminster
If you do need to drive then try to avoid excessive braking and acceleration to save fuel and enjoy a more comfortable journey. Don’t forget to check your tyre pressures regularly as well.