- Remain Calm
- Contact the emergency services if you consider yourself to be at risk of severe flooding
- Contact the Environment Agency Flood-Line and listen for updates on local radio stations or visit the Environment Agency website to search by Postcode, River or Town to access local details.
- Refer to the Environment Agency’s advice to 'prepare for a flood and get help during and after'
- Move people and animals to safety
- Switch off gas, electricity and water
- Have spare clothes, a torch, a first aid kit, medication, insurance documents, a mobile phone & bottled water handy
- Follow the advice of the local water company regarding the safety of their water supply
- Be aware of the health risks
- Ask for help and advice
- Use electrical items exposed to flood water
- Use tap water until you are advised it is safe to do so
- Drive or walk through flood water
- Dispose of anything until your insurers have inspected them – take pictures of your property
- Throw anything into a watercourse
For up-to-date weather forecasts please visit the Met Office website
For information about road closures and disruptions to bus services across Worcestershire, please check Worcestershire County Council's Emergency Alerts on the home page of their website.
For general advice on severe weather and how it's affecting the local area please see severe weather information page.