Closed circuit television (CCTV) plays a crucial role in preventing and detecting crime in public places across the district.
The objectives of the system are:
- To help in the prevention of crime
- To help reduce the fear of crime and;
- To facilitate the apprehension and prosecution of offenders in relation to crime and public order.
We currently operate 17 cameras positioned in various locations around each of the 3 towns. We have a Service Level Agreement in place with Bromsgrove District Council regarding the monitoring of the cameras. The cameras are controlled and monitored from Bromsgrove and Redditch Council’s CCTV monitoring station based in Redditch. All our cameras are clearly visible and there are signs in the locality advising of their existence.
Locations of the cameras are as below:
- Load Street. Located on Number 49.
- Dog Lane Car Park. Column overlooking Dog Lane and Load Street Car Parks.
- Gardners Meadow Car Park. Column overlooking Car Park.
- Combined street lighting/CCTV column on Severnside North, adjacent to the bridge.
- Junction of New Road and Castle Road. Located on Paddington House.
- New Road – Outside Market House (former RAFA clubhouse), New Road
- Junction of Vicar Street and Exchange Street. Outside Swan pub opposite Town Hall.
- Junction of Worcester Street and Marlborough Street. Located outside former Morton Fisher offices.
- Junction of Worcester Street and High Street. Located on the former Officer's Club.
- Junction of Coventry Street and Blackwell Street. Combined with street lighting pole.
- Bromsgrove Street - opposite main entrance to car park.
- Corner of New Street and High Street. Located outside Kicks Coffee and Wine Bar.
- Traffic island at top of High Street. Column opposite Phipps and Pritchard’s.
- Corner of Tan Lane and Lombard Street. Located on Pizza take-away.
- York Street. Column opposite Blossom’s Tea Rooms.
- Bridge Street. Located on corner of the Bridge Inn.
- Severn Meadows car park. Located on a column within ‘pay and display’ area island.