WFDC logo

Street Amenities

Licence summary

To place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement in England and Wales you require a licence from your local authority.

Conditions may be attached and a fee may be payable.

Eligibility Criteria Frontage and walkway consent may have to be obtained first.
Regulation Summary

Read a summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Application Evaluation Process Public notice of the application must be given detailing the proposal and deadline for representations.

All representations received must be considered.

Any other relevant authorities must be consulted.

Consents must not be unreasonably withheld.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact us.

Apply online Apply for a licence to place tables and chairs in the road

Tell us about a change to your existing licence to place tables and chairs in the road
Failed Application Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

An appointed arbitrator will determine if consent has been unreasonably withheld.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

An appointed arbitrator will adjudicate if there is disagreement as to conditions attached.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Advice Guide from Citizens Advice Bureau will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other Redress

Anyone suffering nuisance due to noise, smells or similar because of a commercial premises should contact us 

Trade Associations None

Wyre Forest District Council