WFDC logo

Sunday Trading Notification

Licence summary

If you are the occupier of a large shop situated in an area designated as a holiday resort, you may give notice to the district council specifying up to 18 Sundays in a year where your shop will be exempt from the rule that you may only open between 13.00 and 18.00 on Sundays.

However, this exemption cannot apply to any Sunday before 1 March or after 30 September, or to Easter Sunday.

Eligibility Criteria

No provision in legislation

Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

Application Evaluation Process

No provision in legislation

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or use the contact details below.

Failed Application Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Licence Holder Redress

Please contact us in the first instance.

Consumer Complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Advice Guide from Citizens Advice Bureau will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Other Redress

E.g. about noise, pollution, etc. Also should one licence holder complain about another.

Trade Associations

Northern Ireland Food and Drink Association (NIFDA)

Wyre Forest District Council