WFDC logo

Licensing Laws and Act 2003

In November 2005, the Licensing Act 2003 replaced all existing Liquor and Entertainment Licences in favour of a single premises licence. Where alcohol is being sold, it is necessary for someone to hold a personal licence to authorise the sale. There is a new Club Certificate and a notification process for small short-term events, called Temporary Event Notices (TEN’s). The new licences are aimed at enabling licensees to have more flexible opening hours with regard to the sale of alcohol. There are no longer set licensing hours so licensees are free to apply for any hours they want. The Act also requires premises supplying hot food and drink after 11.00pm to be licensed, including take-aways.

As part of the changes brought about by the Licensing Act 2003, Wyre Forest District Council assumed responsibility for licensing all outlets in the district that provide licensable activities.

Premises licence information

Personal licence information
Temporary event notices

Wyre Forest District Council