WFDC logo

Variations to Premises Licences

If you hold a premises licence and want to make changes to it, you can apply for a variation of the licence.

If you are only looking to make small changes to the licence, that will not impact on the promotion of the licensing objectives, it may be possible to apply for a minor variation of the premises licence. Minor variations are subject to a simplified application process and a lower application fee.

If you are thinking of making changes to your premises licence, you are strongly encouraged to seek advice from officers in our licensing department before applying. The officers will be able to advise you whether or not you can apply for a minor variation and can also assist you to make sure you follow all of the necessary procedures, which will help you to avoid unnecessary delays in the application process.

You can contact the licensing department by email at or by phone on 01905 822799

Further guidance on variation applications can be found on the GOV.UK website

Apply online

You can apply online for the variation of a premises licence via the GOV.UK website.

Apply online at GOV.UK

Apply by post

If you are applying by post you will need to send your application to us at:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

You can download the application form here:

Application to vary a premises licence

If you are varying the licence to seek authorisation to use the premises for the sale of alcohol, you will need to identify a person who will act as designated premises supervisor (DPS). This person must agree to being nominated as the DPS by completing this form:

DPS Consent Form

A template for the public notice that will need to be displayed at the premises and published in a local newspaper, circular or similar document can be downloaded below.  Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on light blue paper.

Template for Public Notice

Copies of your application will also need to be sent to all of the responsible authorities, whose contact details can be found here:

Responsible Authorities List


A table of the fees that must be paid for applications under the Licensing Act 2003 can be found on our licensing fees and charges page

You can find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or other persons, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.

If there is a representation from a responsible authority other person then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.

Wyre Forest District Council