WFDC logo

Full Variations

If a club wants to make changes to their club premises certificate, they can apply for a variation of the certificate.

If the club is only looking to make small changes to the certificate, which will not impact on the promotion of the licensing objectives, it may be possible to apply for a minor variation of the club premises certificate. Minor variations are subject to a simpler application process and a lower application fee.

Clubs thinking of making changes to their club premises certificate are strongly encouraged to seek advice from officers in our licensing department before making an application. The officers will be able to advise you whether or not you can apply for a minor variation and can also help make sure that you follow all of the necessary procedures to help you avoid unnecessary delays in the application process.

You can contact the licensing department by email at or by phone on 01905 822799.

Further guidance on variation applications can be found on the GOV.UK website

Apply by post

Clubs need to send applications to us at:

Licensing, Wyre Forest District Council, Finepoint Way, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7WF

Copies of your application will also need to be sent to all of the responsible authorities, whose contact details can be found here:

Responsible Authorities List

You can download the application form here:

Application to vary a club premises certificate

A public notice must be displayed at the club premises and published in a local newspaper, circular or similar document during the consultation period required before your certificate is issued. A template for you do use to do this can be downloaded below. Please note that the notice displayed at the relevant premises must be printed on light blue paper.

Public Notice template


A table of the fees that must be paid for applications made under the Licensing Act 2003 can be found on our licensing fees and charges page.

You can find out the non-domestic rateable value of the relevant premises by visiting the Valuation Office Agency website

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or other persons, then the licence is granted as applied for. We will issue the licence shortly after.

If there is a representation from a responsible authority other person then this will cause the application to be considered by the Licensing Sub-Committee. A hearing will be arranged within 56 days from the date the application is made.

Wyre Forest District Council